Statement by our Chairman
Our aim is to build and grow a business that is sustainable in the long term.
While the fundamental driver of our business is the continued global need for food, our long term success will be built on our ability to create best in class products and get them to our customers in the most efficient and effective way. Consequently, we are investing in vertical integration through a global network of assets encompassing raw materials, energy, production, research, logistics, distribution and sales.
Our business strategy is therefore underpinned by sustainability, expressed in our approach to financial health and equity, the welfare of people within and outside the company, resource efficiency, environmental neutrality and our ability to recruit and retain young professionals.
While we select employees with a core grounding in technical subjects, we also look for energetic individuals who are willing to challenge the status quo and take responsibility from the outset. As a consequence, we have expanded our ‘E-generation’ programme that is enhancing the teaching of chemistry and engineering in schools and universities. Our aim is to educate and motivate those young people who will drive our business in the future. This process does not stop when they join us as young professionals; we provide career opportunities and significant responsibility so that they can influence the long term sustainability of the business.
- NAMEOlga Voitova
- ROLELead Specialist, Training Centre
- WHERE I WORKEuroChem-BMU
- My view“The main thing is to be versatile in the day-to-day working environment, while seeing the bigger picture and understanding that personal progression is linked to the success of the Company.”
- StoryOlga graduated from the South Russian State Technical University. She currently works in the Administrative Directorate. Olga supervises the Council of Young Specialists and participates in social activities.
- NAMEDmitry Cherepanov
- ROLEMining Engineer, Engineering Supervision Department
- WHERE I WORKEuroChem – Usolskiy Potash
- My view“I am very proud of what I do and of playing a part in the ambitious potassium project.”
- StoryDmitry found his job advertised online and submitted his resume through the Company’s website. After a successful interview he became the first young Specialist at EuroChem-Usolskiy Potash.
- NAMEGeert De Schutter
- ROLEForeman Technique, Repair Workshop
- WHERE I WORKEuroChem Antwerpen
- My view“On joining the Company I was welcomed by a group of friendly, driven people. I feel we have a great team, who all want to achieve the same goals in order that EuroChem Antwerpen can keep growing at a steady pace.”
- Story Geert graduated with two MScs: in Electromechanical Engineering (2012) and Welding Engineering (2013). He joined EuroChem Antwerpen in September 2013.
- NAMENatalia Kantogina
- ROLEEngineer, Research Group Of Technological Process
- WHERE I WORKNevinnomysskiy Azot
- My view“My work is crucial to maintaining the quality of ammonia and associated products. I have great responsibility and link my contribution to the success of the plant as well as the Company as a whole.”
- StoryNatalia is a graduate of Nevinnomyssk Institute of Technology. Natalia was a prize winner in the 2013 plant and Company-wide scientific conference for young specialists.